Blackwater Irish Whisky Single Malt ‘Peat the Magic Dragon’
Out of stock
49% alc/vol, 50cl
STRICTLY LIMITED EDITION | SINGLE BARREL
Say hello to ‘Peat the Magic Dragon’ (PMD for short) the first Blackwater Irish Whisky single barrel release.
This bottling of PMD is the only Irish whisky in existence made with 100% Irish grain and 100% Irish peat, and also malted in Ireland. In fact the barley and the turf come from the same farm, and the grain was malted on site at the farm.
Most peated Irish whiskies are made with English or Scottish peated malt. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s from some of the same malt houses that feed Scottish stills. So if we’re not using Scottish malt, let’s not use terms associated with Scottish whisky and that why we say ‘turf smoked’ rather than ‘peated’. Want to know more about our PMD inspiration? Peter’s blog is here
Head Distiller John Wilcox says: expect dark chocolate notes and cherry hoisin sauce, cut with campfire incense.
- Double distilled for more flavour, and aged exclusively in a French oak, ex-cherry liqueur cask
- Bottled at a solid 49% alc/vol
- Not coloured, not chill filtered
- Only 310 individually numbered bottles exist
- Beautifully gift boxed for the whisky lover in your life – or you!